Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I need to replace the mechanism onthe WR30X10068 Bucket ice

Customer Question

I need to replace the mechanism onthe WR30X10068 Bucket ice dispenser. I cant get the mechanism out of the damaged bucket. I am afraid to force it and damage the mechanism. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your fridge so I can pull up a diagram or video to assist you in getting this part out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
GSS23WSTA SS
Model # GSS23WSTA SS
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Are you trying to remove the ice maker assembly?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

or trying to remove the auger?

https://youtu.be/DmMXqQ2xiaY

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IYes, I am trying to replace the assembly so as to put it into the new bucket which I PURCHASED FROM GE.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have anyone to help me. I assumed it was a simple task or there would have been instructions with the part. I am afraid to damage the assembly by forcing it out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To answer your last question; I dont know what the "auger" is. The bucket or ice maker container cracked and needed to be replaced, so I purchased a new one from GE, for $43.50. I just need to install the assembly from the old part. Is the auger the part of the assembly that turns?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Sorry about the delay in reply did you see the two videos I sent you?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

I wanted to see if you could see the videos I sent you.