Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a panasonic nn sd297 microwave it comes on and

Customer Question

i have a panasonic nn sd297 microwave it comes on and sometimes makes crackling noise ,i leave it off for a while over nite and it works again is there an electroic board or soething i could change
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: 2007 and model # nn sd297 s
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: a couple of weeks i tried powering down and restarding seemed ok for a week or so .
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Does the sound come from inside the oven cavity or more toward the control panel? Any sparking or arcing inside the oven cavity when the noise is present?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
control panel
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Okay, good, that is repairable. Issues within the cavity are not. What you are hearing is likely a power relay on the board that is beginning to fail. I suspect replacing the power board will correct the issue you are having. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
where is it located
Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

In the diagram at the link below, number E2 is the board with the relays on it that I believe will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

That part is available below.

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

I forgot to tell you how to access it, sorry. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 12 months ago.

Access is gained by removing the grille from above the door. Once it is removed, you will be able to remove the screw from the top of the control panel. Lift up on the panel and it will hinge down, allowing full access to replace that board.

I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page!