Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My retractable vent on my range got stuck on the edge of the

Customer Question

My retractable vent on my range got stuck on the edge of the range top and now it won't go up or down. It is stuck about two inches high. I checked circuit breaker and unplugged and replugged in the appliance. Is there a trick I can try to get the vent to move either up or down so it is reset the way it should be?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance in question?
Customer: Kitchenmaid model # KIRD861VSS-1 serial # FJ08203559 purchased 11/2011
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not unless it is simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, everything I own is Kitchenmaid and its all working except the vent that got stuck today
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

I am sorry but I am currently unavailable for a phone call at the moment but I am more than willing to assist you if you still need help after looking at the manual.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have just looked at the manual. That is not what I need right now, and I have all the manuals that come with the appliance when it was put in. I can't get the unit up or down to start taking it apart, and the manual which you sent to me is not for someone who isn't an electrician! Did I just send "good faith" $28 to get the manual which I already have ?? Since I cannot do the work as is, and the manual hasn't told me how to get the vent up so I can look at the problem, my question is "How do I get my money back, or how do I get to schedule a live person to come to my home to fix the problem as described? Please tell me you can help with this Travis, or otherwise I will have to make a complaint about the "Justanswer.com" rip-off!

well there is no sense in getting upset you did not pay 28 dollars for a manual I sent the manual to assist was all. If you would rather have someone come out and assist our company does not do that but I can send this in for a full refund if you would rather not do this yourself.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I definitely would rather NOT do it myself. My original request was for any info or "trick" that I could use to free the vent which is now immovable. It is not hung up on the range top frame anymore; it just won't move or respond when the button is pushed. I would appreciate it if you would refund the $28 and let me know how I should proceed to get an appointment with a KitchenAid sanctioned repair person (the last one I had here was excellent!). I thought that I would be forwarded to someone who could schedule the repair when I said I wouldn't be doing the work unless it was easy--and it's not. I also tried to schedule a repair time online, but the website says there are none available, so that avenue isn't available. I will try the phone # unless you have a better idea.