Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a whirlpool washer m#wtw4950xw3 that wont fill or

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washer m#wtw4950xw3 that wont fill or start acting like it has no power I checked voltage its good, I replaced the lid switch w/ new one still nothing can you help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. I am sorry to hear you are having this trouble with your unit. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you and I will be right with you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Now when you say its acting like it has no power do you mean the control board is not working when you press buttons?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happens if you push start put it in any cycle nothing
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry but I am currently unavailable for a phone call at the moment but I would be more than willing to assist you on this thread. It sounds like the problem is with your control board since the outlet is getting power but the unit is not working means the main control board has failed and will need to be replaced. If you can double check that model number for me I can surely pull up the part you will need to order and replace to fix this issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
model #WTW4950XW3 HOW ABOUT THE MIXING VALVE WILL THAT STOP IT FROM FILLING, STARTING?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

It can stop from the water coming in which of course would not allow it to start yes here are some videos on how to test it but if it is not the case then the control board will need to be replaced.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Water-Inlet-Valve/WPW10683603/3451320?modelNumber=WTW4950XW3&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b5d1137016#repairHelpVideoTabsAnchor

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

This is your main control board in the event the water inlet valve is not the problem,

http://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-For-Parts/a11b5i324d1137016/Model-WTW4950XW3-Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Control-Board-Parts

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also I forgot to tell you I don't know if it matters but when I got to the washer it still had a little water left in it didn't drain all the way
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Well someone could have possibly stopped it mid cycle or something like that. Until a cycle is ran we will not know if you have a drain problem as well. The board can effect draining as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no we put a old washer in place of that one and it drains fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
check the inlet valve if good probably board
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Yes if it is good then the board is the problem.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.