Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Fridgidaore dishwasher, model PLD2855RFC3 that has

Hi, I have a Fridgidaore dishwasher, model PLD2855RFC3 that has just stopped working. Three lights are flashing continuously (clean, sanitized and washing), but it won't start and I can't change any of the settings. Not sure if I need annew diswasher, if a latch or something isn't broken or if it can be fixed.
Thanks!

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You don't need a new dishwasher but unfortunately your touchpad is shorted. Try to flip the breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work then below is a link to the touchpad you'd need to order and replace on the top of your door to resolve the issue.

CLICK HERE for touchpad

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried the breaker and the plug, and both reset the touchpad panel, but I can only select "normal wash" and it still won't start. Is the touchpad something I can install?

If you're handy you can replace the touchpad yes. It's just an electronic sticker so you need to turn the breaker off to the dishwasher and peel the sticker off with a knife. Then open the door and remove the screws around the border of the inner door liner and the control panel will pull off. Now you can unplug the ribbon cable coming from the touchpad going to the control board so that you can replace and install the new touchpad.