Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I am trying to fix my whirpool dish washer. It doesn't seem

Hi, I am trying to fix my whirpool dish washer.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It doesn't seem to have water circulating to the upper tray. I wish you could help me with hints like how to clean the water sprayer on top Type: 575-0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Model: DU 1055XTVQO
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Serial FY3865523 Did you get what I wrote about it?

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If water still sprays out the lower arm, you have 2 possibilities. ither you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

CLICK HERE for video

If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the pump and motor if you wanted to do that

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?