Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a ge washer model number wpre615041wt. The drum will

Customer Question

i have a ge washer model number wpre615041wt. The drum will not spin. the belt is not broken but the motor will not run. I can hear something running.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. You said the motor is not running have you tested the motor?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/GE-Washing-Machine-Drive-Motor/WH20X10076/1796660?modelNumber=WPRE6150K1WT&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b3d862818

This is your drive motor you will first need to ensure that the motor is getting power. If the drive motor hums but doesn’t run, is noisy, or does not turn freely, replace it.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

I just realized this was a duplicate question i will have it closed since you are already working with an expert.