Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I ran out of water when machine was running the f h light

Customer Question

I ran out of water when machine was running the f h light came on I pushed the pause button twice and now it just blinks 15 min and keeps running
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: whirlpool duet front loader,no it has never done this before
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just how to restart machine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The washer just went into flood mode because it tried to fill up with water for longer than 6 minutes straight and the correct water level was never reached. All you need to do is plug the washer in and let it keep running. The pump will keep running and the door will remain locked for 15-30 minutes at which point the pump will shut off and the door will unlock so you can start a new cycle like normal.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?