Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

G.E. SPACEMAKER OVER THE RANGE MICROEWAVE TURNS ON BUT WON'T

Customer Question
HEAT....
G.E. SPACEMAKER OVER THE RANGE MICROEWAVE TURNS ON BUT WON'T HEAT.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/17/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Does it sound the same as it always has when it was working? May I please have the model number of your microwave?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it does, but I don't have a model #. I bought it with my home in 2007

Okay, well if it sounds the same as it always has, the magnetron is faulty. The model tag will be around the opening once the door is opened.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cant call

Sorry, that is an auto offer, I have no control over those.

If it sounds the same as it always has, the magnetron is faulty. The model tag will be around the opening once the door is opened.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm at work, could it be a fuse? in the machine?

No, not if the sound is the same. A fuse would prevent the unit from starting, a capacitor or other issue would cause odd noises and a door switch/relay issue would make it sound quiet.

The magnetron is what cooks the food. They are about $125-200 and are pretty easily replaced. Once I have the model number I can get you a link. However, at nearly 10 years old, you can replace the microwave for about $250-300, so you would want to weigh that against the cost of repair.

Would you like general repair information for replacing the magnetron?

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced! You will want to use a well insulated screwdriver to short the capacitor terminals to discharge the capacitor though the video does not show that.

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician