Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Our dishwasher does not get the dishes clean, I removed all

Customer Question

Our dishwasher does not get the dishes clean, I removed all of the spray arms and everything else insid to see if debris had it plugged, I see nothing plugged, what am I missing
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your dishwasher? It is a possibility that your circulation pump is clogged.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I check the circulation pump which I believe is in the middle in the bottom of the cabinet it is not clogged. I cannot find the model number but on the top it says quiet series 300 with load sensing technology
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

the model number will be on the inside of the door. Possibly around the trim.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
MDB6759AWS3
NY2422337
49022
E71195
777-0
These are the numbers I can find
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

The top one is the model number give me just a moment please.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Is the detergent coming out to clean? Is there food or spots on your dishes?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The detergent is coming out but there are dirty dishes, mostly top rack but still some on bottom frack as well
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Ok now how about heat. Do the dishes feel hot after a cycle?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

So I believe your problem is the that the dishwasher is not getting full pressure to the upper part of the machine and it suggests there is a restriction in the pump or the motor has weakened. It also could be a damaged impeller. Remember the lower spray arm requires allot less pressure then the upper. So although the bottom may appear to work if you have a problem in the pump the upper may not.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

If you have found this information helpful all I ask is you rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Put DW back together, washed a load of dishes, still top rack is a little dirty????
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

did you try replacing the pump?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, I looked at the impeller and could see nothing wrong with it, but I guess it's worth a shot at this point
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

When you put it back together did you do anything besides inspect and put together?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, there was nothing to clean or repair that I could see, I'm going to buy a pump and try that
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Sounds good. I personally think that it may be the pressure switch and I would try that first. If that does not solve it then I would replaced the motor. I do hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

I noticed your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you needed anything further?