Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

PearlMy may, 1 week. my maytag dryer stopped working all

Customer Question

Hi PearlMy may
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 1 week . my maytag dryer stopped working all together. there was a burning smell before it completely stopped workin. I can hear the electronics working but no blower or anything elase at all
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model PYET444AYW serial 14633336EE
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I have an employee who is an electrician among other capabilities
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no just that after the dryer not drying very well then smelling the burning then completely not working is all. breakers are fine and I know I have power to the outlet
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does it hum or buzz at all when you try to start it now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no humming or buzzing that I know of at all I just hear the electronic board making slight noise
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Ok, good. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with, continuity specifically?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not until Monday
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, this is a very common issue, usually caused by a lack of air flow (hence the burning smell). Would you like information regarding this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sure. I did check the exhaust line which appeared to be clear unless it was backed up inside the dryer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also would the unit shut itself down after heating up? and might something have burned out and no chance to re-start?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will do thank you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There is a thermal fuse that opens if the unit gets too hot. Usually, the air flow issue is due to a plugged lint filter housing (the area below thew lint filter). You can bypass the fuse by taping the wires together to test but do not leave it bypassed!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you it all sounds good. when I log out will I have the same info on an email that you just gave me on this site?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You receive a link back to this question thread.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The information may be accessed by following that link back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you sir. I will sign off now. have a good day
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page!