Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The condenser coils in my freezer keep freezing up - I've

Customer Question
The condenser coils in my...
The condenser coils in my freezer keep freezing up - I've used a blow dryer to unfreeze and it worked for a week or so - now my Kitchenaid refrigerator is not keeping the temp correctly again - what can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/15/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
KSSP36QHS00

Thank you! Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?

Yes. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No - but I can get one. Why?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't understand - I know my electrical power is correct - has been for many years. What else could be the problem?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It seems as if the unit is running constantly. Could it possibly be that the condenser coils are bad??
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if so, I assume they would need to be replaced. If so, what would that run?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there??

We would need to test the heater and the thermostat. Are you able to access the coil area to test these?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my friend I believe will be able to do this. Thank you

Okay, great! Once you remove that rear cover, the heater and thermostat may be tested for continuity. The thermostat is in the upper right corner, it must be tested while cold, so test before thawing. Let me know what you find!

John, Home Appliance Technician