Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag MDB9100AWW dishwasher that begins to run &

Customer Question
then stops. The dishwasher fills...
I have a Maytag MDB9100AWW dishwasher that begins to run & then stops. The dishwasher fills, begin a cycling (and may run for awhile) then stops. When it stops there is a clicking/thumping noise that goes on for quite awhile. The dishwasher does not complete the cycle. Sometimes this happens after a 4 minutes sometimes after 32. The dishwasher will not finish. Usually I need to change the settings & restart the dishwasher to get the dishwasher to complete a full cycle. For a long time the dishwasher had this problem when i used the Normal & Extra Rinse cycles together, but not when I just used the Normal cycle. Now i'm having this problem more frequently. How do I fix this problem & do you need more info?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/13/2016
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Catigory
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up the model information I will be right with you!!

Ok this clicking noise can you tell me where is it coming from?

Console ,under the unit ETC!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
from the door, I think
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I stopped the dishwasher for several minutes, started it again to answer your question (changed from Normal Wash & extra rinse to just Normal wash) & it began working. I'll provide further info when the dishwasher gets stuck again.

Ok about the only thing in the door that could make a clicking noise is the electronic control board ( the brain of the unit or the detergent /rinse aid dispenser assembly.

That is fine just let me know more once it stops

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please review the attached picture, I have some questions about how to test different parts of the Dishwasher. How can I find a document that lists the intervals/time for each phase of the dishwashing cycles? this might give us clues as to what is broken. Thanks

On an electronic controlled models the manufacture does not provide a time sequence chart in the service manuals .

The run time of 4 minutes or the run time of 32 minutes is still during the wash cycle, and any stopping would be from the control board. And the clicking is the control board trying to run a component .

I suspect that you have a faulty control board. but unfortunately the Electronic control board for your model is no longer available from the manufacture .

But I found the Sears is rebuilding the electronic control boards .

Here is a link to the part from them .

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/WP99002825R/0022/465.html

The only time chart the unit MIGHT have is on the technical data sheet behind the bottom kick plate of the unit.

Sorry for the delay I `m Teaching some OSHA classes at school, this week .

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech