John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

MAYTAG model MVWC450XW3 HANGS UP IN THE MEASUREMENT CYCLE,

Customer Question

MAYTAG model MVWC450XW3 HANGS UP IN THE MEASUREMENT CYCLE
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: THAT IS THE MODEL # UNLESS I READ IT WRONG AND WE HAVE HAD IT FOR AT LEAST 5 YEARS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: THE PROBLEM WAS INTERMITTENT AND NOW IS CONSTANT. i CAN DO THE WORK.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

When you say it hangs up what cycle is it stopping in?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the measurment cycle
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am a retired electrical engineer and have been doing my own appliance work for years
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 9 months ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

I believe your referring to the Sensing mode when you say the measurement cycle .

If so when it hangs up as you say, has the washer locked the lid ?

And if so has the washer started to fill the unit with water yet ,before it hangs up?