Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I'm having an issue with my Whirlpool dryer. After drying a

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I'm having an issue with my Whirlpool dryer. After drying a load of clothes last night, then returning this morning to check on them, the dryer is completely wet. Clothing was soaking wet (wetter than when I put them inside). I unloaded them after running them a second time and finding even more water.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: got in 2010, so just 6 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Whirlpool with duet Steam
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: well, I just pulled the bottom out and found water underneath
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If everything is wet, your steam valve is sticking open. Now you can turn the water off to the dryer and that would stop it from getting wet, but to use your steam function again, the valve on the back of your dryer where the water line connects will need to be ordered and replaced because it's sticking open and letting too much water run in I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much. I also will be replacing the vent, it seems to have a tear in it. Perhaps from me pulling the dryer out. Giggle

Alright well I'm very sorry about the bad news today but I wish you only the best.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?