John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Washer will stay in one stage of cycle for longer than

Customer Question

Washer will stay in one stage of cycle for longer than unusual ( all day) and run continuously. When it fills with water there is an extremely loud grinding noise. Clothes are all knotted and twisted which do not happen before. Washer was installed approx. 2 months ago. Model # WTW5000DW1 SERIAL NUMBER C62645683. What do I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Sorry you are having trouble with your new washer. It was purchased new a couple months ago?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
from Lowes in Tiffin
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Okay, so it is under warranty, that is good. The issue you are having is with the gear case, number 5 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

I presume you are not wanting to assume the cost of repairing this yourself, correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Correct and I prefer to have repair man come to my location verus we take washer into shop. That is not an option at this point.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

Okay, Just Answer is a site that connects consumers with experts to provide online help, so we don't have technicians, you would need to contact Whirlpool or Lowe's to schedule service.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will contact Lowes where machine was purchased and get them to send repairman . Thank you for your assistance.
Expert:  Kelly replied 10 months ago.

I can get you contact information for Whirlpool, if you'd like.