Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag washer that when you hit start the sensing

light stays solid and the...
I have a Maytag washer that when you hit start the sensing light stays solid and the washer does nothing. What is wrong with it? Model number MVWX500XW0
10/11/2016
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer I noticed the other expert opted out so I was wondering if you still needed help with this. If so I can send over the service manual so we can enter your unit into diagnostics mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I still need help

Ok if you accept the offer I sent over for the service manual we can enter your unit into diagnsotics mode and find out whats going on in there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Opt out of my question don't try charging more money to people
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you still need assistance?

Ok so you press a selection and press start and the sensing light comes on ,does the lid lock?

If not does the lid seem to open and close properly?

Are you there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the sensing light is solid the lid locks and the red light stays on for the lid lock. Nothing happens after the lid locks

ok you have a issue with the electronic control board .

If the lid lock light is illuminated the lid lock has told the control board the lid is locked.

when it does not do anything by chance do you hear a humming coming from the rear of the console?

And have you verified that both Hot and Cold water is turned on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I only have cold water hooked up. Thats all I have in my building. And the washer is on the cold setting. No humming

ok how long as this washer only been hooked up to cold water?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just bought the washer used. Just hooked it up to cold water

ok that is your problem this water even when set on Cold it brings in both Hot and Cold to maintain a preset temperature.

It will not work on just Cold water.

to fool the washer you have to follow the installation instruction of Both hoses must be attached and have water flowing to inlet valves, if you are only connecting to a cold water faucet, you must use a Y=adapter

This unit uses a flow meter to measure the flow of water if you only have one hose on the cold water inlet valve ,you need to use a Y connection ,so that water is going to both hot and cold inlet valves.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it will still work if I put cold water to both hot and cold inlets?

Yes unless you have something else wrong also!

Here is a link to the installation booklet page # 6 tells about the water hook up!

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/user-manuals/mvwx500xw0-maytag-parts-automatic+washer-manual?manualIndex=0

hook a Y connector up and if you still have a issue ,just reply back to me .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech