Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Maytag 4000 washing machine, error code f30 on normal was

Customer Question
maytag 4000 washing machine,...
maytag 4000 washing machine, error code f30 on normal was cycle, any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: machine may be ten years old but in a single person household so very light usage as compared with a family household. model number not at hand right now. I use a library internet because I don't have service at my home (where the machine is.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. retired and on social security, money not in great supply!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have checked water filters at hoses, does not come up with error codes on whites or quick was cycles, or sanitary cycle. seems to only happen on normal cycle
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/10/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

F30 means that your dispenser motor is jammed or has failed and won't go into the correct position. There are different positions for different cycles which is why it will work on some cycle but not others like Normal. Pull the washer forward and remove the 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now look on top of the dispenser and you'll see a plastic linkage connection attached to a plastic box (the actuator motor). Try to unjam the linkage if it's stuck which you try to start a normal cycle and if the motor or it moves and doesn't think it's ever getting to the correct position, you need to replace the actuator motor assembly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc