Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Viking Veso105 oven and I can not get the self

Customer Question
Hi, I have a Viking...
Hi, I have a Viking Veso105 oven and I can not get the self clean to work
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Veso105-ssbr. Guessing about 12-16 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on how difficult
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
red light will light when oven function knob is turned to self clean however when the oven temp knob is turned to self clean the red light will not turn on
Answered in 1 day by:
10/11/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The selector switch is most likely faulty, followed by the door lock assembly. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what kind of meter....the only meter around here is my water meter ��

An electrical test meter. I suspect you may need to call for service at this point. To access that board for testing, it requires a fair amount of disassembly. The Viking products are built like a tank and weigh just about as much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I appreciate your help... apparently this seems to be a popular problem among Viking's. I found instructions online on how to access the board...that would be pretty risky for me alone. I had a bacon grease fire inside the oven a few weeks ago & my whole house stinks like a pig ;) Do you know if it's ok to use regular oven cleaner until I have it serviced?
Thanks

They make a special cleaner made for self cleaning ovens, I would use that. See the link below.

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician