Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a kenmore elite fridge that is a little over a year

Customer Question
old. Since replacing the...
I have a kenmore elite fridge that is a little over a year old. Since replacing the water filter, the water and ice taste terrible.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it in Feb 2015
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I really don't want to have to pay someone if I can do it Let me go look at the model number
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: ok the model number is *****
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that I want clean water. This water tastes like mold
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/9/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Did you use an OEM filter or an aftermarket replacement?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is OEM? I bought this after I purchased
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a water sentinel brand filter WSL-3. It was marketed that it fit my fridge

Did you buy an LG filter or an aftermarket one? How much was the filter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sent the type of filter above. It is an aftermarket filter I believe
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, I have a kenmore elite? Why would I buy an LG filter?

That is likely the issue. You really need to use the filters made by LG for that refrigerator. Using the aftermarket ones is usually problematic.

That refrigerator is made by LG.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
which LG is best for my fridge and where do you recommend buying them?

The filter your model takes is part number ADQ36006101, available below.

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician