Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I think you already have, the answer has already been

Customer Question
posted . thanks! JA: I'll do...
I think you already have, the answer has already been posted . thanks!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A week or so, my Mom is 93 and I think she frequently leaves the door open for much longer than one normally would. Could that be what caused the fridge side evaporator to stop defrosting?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It is a Samsung side by side, and 7 years ago you answered the questions about that fridge making a lot of noise when the fridge door is open,. His fridge was 3 1/2 yearsa old, mine is about 8-9 years old so most likely the same model. I can't find the model number anywhere but the problem and noise sound identical!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I thought I would try, it sounds pretty simple, remove the back panel and defrost the evaporator then reset. Do you think I would be able to tackle this myself?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not now but will get back to you one way or the other. Is there a charge for your services? How do you make any money off of this site?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/9/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Yes changing the defrost evaporator is not hard at all to do. You will certainly want to check the model number first before buying a part. If you can look on the inside of the door and get me the model number I can send you the link to the part you will need and possibly a video or diagram to asssit you with this.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb