Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Maytag Legacy model MAV208DAWN. At times will not

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Legacy model MAV208DAWN. At times will not go into high speed spin. Cloths will be very wet. Replaced belt and seemed to work fine for a couple of cycles. Also checked belt tension again and tightened so motor will not move. Still the same. Not making any unusual noise. Pumps water out quickly. Washes clothes great. What may be problem?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is 10 years old. Model MAV208DAWN,SN 27306594JG
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. I'm handy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Washer along with dryer was purchased new by me.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Since you have already replaced the belt and it helped it sounds like either the drive pulley or drive motor are at fault.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Maytag-Washing-Machine-Drive-Pulley/12002213/1042142?modelNumber=MAV208DAWW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b4d656873

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Maytag-Washing-Machine-Drive-Motor/WP21001950/1023733?modelNumber=MAV208DAWW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b4d656873

I would think its more so the drive motor because its intermittent and doesn't work all the time meaning that its been failing and eventually will fail all together. Once you replace the motor you should no longer have this problem. I hope you find this information helpful and would be willing to rate with stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.