John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE Top Loading 4.2 Cubic Foot Washer and it won't

Customer Question

I have a GE Top Loading 4.2 Cubic Foot Washer and it won't drain; the water is just sitting in the tub
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.
Please provide me with the model number of the unit you are needing help with so that I can give you model specific information, as soon as I get that information I will get your answer prepared as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model: GTW485ASJWS

Thanks for that information give me just a few minutes to look at the model and get your answer prepared.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello? its been almost 10 minutes are you still there

I am going to have to opt out I am not familiar with that model and can't locate the service manual, another tech will be along to help you shortly, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do i get my money back
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

First we are going to need to try and get the water out of the unit in order to check what is going on. There is a possibility you have a clog in the drain pump or the drain hoses. If there is no clog then your problem will be your drain pump has went bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no clog; it just stopped; it never attempted to drain; please refund my money and i will call a tech to come to my home
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Ok I will send your question in for a refund. What has happened is your drain pump has failed and will need to be replaced. Just so you know replacing a drain pump is not hard and honestly something you could do yourself and save yourself the money of an expensive tech but if you would rather not full with it I totally understand and I can have this question refunded and closed for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a warranty so i will make the tech do it; please get the refund for me and have a nice day
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Well certainly do sending it now. Have a great rest of your day. Thank you for choosing just answer.