Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Lg tromm dryer is making noise, but drying well. The "check

Customer Question
lg tromm dryer is making...
lg tromm dryer is making noise, but drying well. The "check filter" message is on.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about six years old. model is DLE7177RM/DLG7188RM
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: possibly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can't think of anything....had an issue once before of a sock getting sucked out of the drum into the vent.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/9/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Have you checked the filters and the dryer vent for clogs or obstructions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the vent is blowing freely and ther clothes are drying.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

did you go outside and see if air flow was adequate outside. Quite often flexable hoses and duct work get plugged with lint.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

In the event that it is good as well then your problem is a defective light sensor and it will need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Then why is it making an unusual noise?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I believe you will find a clog some where in the duct work. That would be the only thing that makes sense unless something has got under the drum some how and is causing this error. You may need to take it apart to inspect it.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

If the air is not getting out the vent and is blocked the sensor thinks the filter is clogged.
And you will not get heat either.
Check that the flexible vent line behind the dryer is not kinked or crushed.
A simple way to check if the vent line leading out from the dryer to the out side of the house is clogged is to remove the vent line from the rear of the dryer.
If the dryer gets hot when the vent line is removed, then the clog is between there and the outside vent door.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do not believe the vent line is clogged. Air is flowing at the outside wall and - again - the clothes are drying g as they always do. The problem is an unusual rumbling noise.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I will open this up to other experts to see if anyone else has any other ideas.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Go for it. But so far there is not an answer to our issue.
travis webb
travis webb
travis webb