John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

The whirlpool range model XF6361LYQ, Serial No. RX3411174

Customer Question

Hello the whirlpool range model XF6361LYQ, Serial No. RX3411174 has not been used for about 6 months. Today we tried to turn the gas on and the igniters are just sparking. One comes on ocassionaly.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I listed the model number. I don't know the age, but will try to find out tomorrow. It is in a house I am selling.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Either way, me or serviceman. I just have to find the parts breakdown.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: each igniter is sparking and one comes on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To be clear, are you saying that the igniters spark when you turn the burners on, but no gas is getting to the burners?

Also, one in particular works occasionally like normal? Which one is that?