Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My maytag dishwasher will not turn on. when you push normal

Customer Question

my maytag dishwasher will not turn on. when you push normal wash the autoclean light comes on. I then stays lit for 20 or 30 sec and then turns off
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 4-5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: depends on what is wrong and the cost
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: okay. do you know what is wrong
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no I don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mdb7749sbb3
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let's I st type for right now
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Your touch panel is experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation by evaporating the moisture that tends to get in the touch pad contacts. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try that. How do I get in touch if this doesn't work
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

YOU can just reply right back here. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I have turned the power off and on. How long should I use the hairdryer?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions!

You deserve 5 star service! I hope I have earned your 5 star rating using the stars at the top of the page! Please let me know if you have additional questions, I am here to help! Thank you so much!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I would do 5 minutes at least with the hair dryer.