Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My stupid dryer keeps blinking check filter. Ok I took

Customer Question
everything apart cleaned everything then...
My stupid dryer keeps blinking check filter. Ok I took everything apart cleaned everything then blew out the vents and it still won't go off. Now what????
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is lg and dle7177wm
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yep
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fact that I have six loads waiting to dry?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/7/2016
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up your information and I will be right with you.

You may have a clogged vent line.
Which will cause the check filter light to go on sometimes.
If the air is not getting out the vent and is blocked the sensor thinks the filter is clogged.
And you will not get heat either.
Check that the flexible vent line behind the dryer is not kinked or crushed.
A simple way to check if the vent line leading out from the dryer to the out side of the house is clogged is to remove the vent line from the rear of the dryer.
If the dryer gets hot when the vent line is removed, then the clog is between there and the outside vent door.
sometimes the little door outside the house gets stuck closed due to lint build up.
Or anything can be in the vent going into wall too.

If the vent removal does not help the dryer get hot, then you know the problem is an internal problem inside your dryer.

Even if its just a partial clog it can cause partial restriction which can be enough to cause both the cool air and the filter light on some dryers.

Are you still there?

Just wanted to follow up with you to see if you have been able to look over the information I provided you?

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician