Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Second opinion] - The water dispenser keeps sticking in the

Customer Question
on position. How do I...
Second opinion] - The water dispenser keeps sticking in the on position. How do I remove the dispenser lever to clean it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/7/2016
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

Thank you give me a few minutes to pull that models info up please!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

get a putty knife up under the bottom of the paddle and lift out just enough to clear the bottom trim around the paddle and the push down on the paddle and once it has slid down about 1/4 of an inch lift it out and off the dispenser housing.

It just has plastic locking tabs on the rear of the paddle.

But there is not really any thing to clean it is a sealed part, from the rear.

If when you press it it is sticking on , your probably going to have to replace the paddle assembly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you. I will give this a try.

if it is not the paddle that is sticking it may also be the micro switch for the dispenser, to get to that you will need to remove the entire dispenser front fascia , and that just pushes onto the door and is just pulled ,or more like wiggled back and fourth to get it off of the door panel to gain access behind it .

It is only held in place with plastic clips ,and yes some of the clips may break just be gentile and it will come off easily .

I also found you a video that the guy has taken the fascia and is getting to the dispenser paddle and switch from the back side of the fascia .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEAprZi-YSc

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wonderful! I will check into this also.

no problem at all.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech