Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dryer door will not stay shut tried all the door fasters

Customer Question

my dryer door will not stay shut tried all the door fasters that are nothing works
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it duet about 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: is it in the door hinge
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

So if the door hinge was bent open too far, that can cause too much tension and the door will pop open so the hinge would need to be replaced to resolve that issue. Other than that, open the door and check the door catch. Sometimes there are 2 (one at the top of the door and one at the bottom). If so, then make sure when you push the door shut you're clicking both catches because these doors are flimsy and if you push on the top of the door only the top will try to latch and not the bottom. I'm not sure if you tried replacing the upper and lower latches on the door but if there are 2 prongs and latches on your model I'd replace both of those before I replace the hinges unless you push the door close and start to feel it binding before it ever get close to closing.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 9 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?