Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an AMANA BT21TW the frig is ~65 and freezer at 20

Customer Question
Hi I have an AMANA...
Hi I have an AMANA BT21TW the frig is ~65 and freezer at 20 deg, I was looking for a service manual so I can see if i can trouble shoot it
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: purchased the house in 2009 and it was in there, it has a door on the bottom freezer(it is not the drawer type) the model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of now
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/6/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the entire back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have a copy of the manual or diagrams, I have never took apart a refrig

The only diagrams are the ones in the link below---there are no manuals for this unit, it's too old unfortunately.

CLICK HERE for diagrams

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I thought it was included in the membership, what exactly will I be getting for the additional $ 24 to my $38 plan

phone calls are not included. If you wanted to speak by phone it's an additional $24.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how hard is it to take the back of the freezer compart cover off? I guess I would have to remove the icemaker?

yes, again--you need to remove everything inside the freezer including the icemaker and then remove the screws going into the back panel and remove the back panel. If this is too much beyond your skills then you should probably just call a technician.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
how do I remove the ice maker, I don't want to call a tech before I do some basic checks

You're going to have to just get in there and start working. The specifics you're asking I can't answer without being there so if you need that specific of information call a technician out now and well stop here. There are screws going into the side wall above and maybe below the icemaker. Remove those and pull the icemaker off and unplug the icemaker.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks that is what i was looking for, I just don't want to cause any damage to parts that I probably can no longer buy.
I am at work now, hurricane is bearing down on us and my refrigerator decided to die. When I get home today, I will be digging into it, then can I contact you at that time?

Yes this question remains open but again, if you're looking for specific screw hole locations you need to call a technician out, I can only do so much across the computer. Please understand the limitations.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thanks, ***** ***** I just log in to restart the converstion

ok

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

John, Home Appliance Technician