Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a whirpool duet model wfw8640bw2 that gives an error

Customer Question

i have a whirpool duet model wfw8640bw2 that gives an error code of e01f08. the inlet valve screens look clean to me. i havent reconnected to try yet as i have read that the washer may overfill. Could the problem be the inlet pressure valve or the pressure switch?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the machine is approx 2 yrs old and that is the model number that i gave you. the ser # is 40850130 if that helps
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thats it
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you. Give me just a moment to pull up some information for you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

So this is an error for no water entering the unit or the water sensor is tripped. So it could be a problem with your water inlet valve or possibly a kink or clog in the hose lines.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its not kinked hoses
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

I sent over an offer for your service manual if you accept that it will give you diagrams on how to test your water inlet valve to see if that is where the problem is coming from which I am sure is your problem.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 9 months ago.

i was wondering how it was going since I havent heard back from you?