Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

GE refrig. PGSS5PGX freezer down to -4, refrig 49. Set at 0,

Customer Question
GE refrig. PGSS5PGX...
GE refrig. PGSS5PGX freezer down to -4, refrig 49. Set at 0, 36.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 6 years old. PGSS5PGX
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible. I'm generally good at this.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Since installing the new GE water filter about a month ago, water gurgles slightly before flowing. Previous filters never did. Flow began immediately.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/4/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

The first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the entire back panel inside the freezer. That means you need to remove the drawer and remove everything else inside the freezer so you can pull the back panel out. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, no frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is going to take a while. How do I go about doing this? Do I have to log back in? or just return to my screen?

you can do either option. Just post back when you can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will log back in to my account. Be back soon.

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a double door freezer. How do I get the drawer fronts off? I can see the back plastic panals are frost covered. What's next?
John, Home Appliance Technician