John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a hotpoint washer, model g-148-o and it is currently

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint washer, model g-148-o and it is currently full of water. Won't agitate, spin or drain. I was washing bathroom rugs, so I assume it was an unbalanced load issue. Can you tell me how to reset or resolve? I tried unplugging for a minute, then plugging in and closing and lifting the lid 6 times. Did not work.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today.

What sounds like may have happened is your drain pump may have clogged and or possibly went out on you. In order to drain the water you are going to need to tip the unit at 45 degree angle to try and get the water out. Then we can proceed to checking out the components in the washer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tip it forward?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What's next?

Ok so you got the water out now you need to inspect the drain pump as well as the hoses to see if there are any clogs or anything in there?