Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a six year old glass top Maytag electric oven. I was

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...
Hi. I have a six year old glass top Maytag electric oven. I was cooking today on one of the burners and all of a sudden I smelled something funny. Kind of like a plastic/electrical smell. I didn't think much of it. Then when I went to check on my soup I realized the burner was not hot. I tried the other burners and they wouldn't turn on. The digital LED had 20 on it when I turned any of the knobs. I was worried about a fire so I didn't turn anything else on. It is still plugged in. Thoughts? Need the serial number?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's six years old. I cannot find the model name but I took a pic of the tag on the back. Here's the serial number I think: MERH752BAW. My booklet says "Performa" Electric Range - smooth top.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe. I'd like to know why after only six years it's having trouble. Kind of disappointing. If it's something easy I might try, but it's likely I will need a service call.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It didn't get a lot of use. Should I unplug it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/3/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you today. Give me just a moment to locate some information for you. I will be right with you.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Now you said none of the burners are working now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct. I turned the knob of a different burner and the LED says 20. Otherwise there is no clock LED on now and it is plugged in.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok one moment please.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

So what we are going to need to do is take the back off of your unit to see if any of the wires going to the control panel has burned up. What is sounds like to me is your control board has went out. I am hoping its just a burnt wire or something simple.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't access the back. I can't pull it out by myself. So, I guess this avenue won't work. Should I unplug it? Is it a fire hazard do you think? When I do turn a knob, the burning smell is detectable. PS> I was just charged 24.00 because I accidentally hit for you to call me. But you didn't. So, do I get that money back?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Yes you can get the refund for the phone call I didn't accept the offer because there was really nothing to talk about on the phone. Yes I would unplug the unit because its of no use right now and it could potentially be a fire hazard. I will tell customer care to reach out regarding the funds for the phone call. I do however hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me later on when you can pull the unit out.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
actually, I was charged $23.00. Was that for something else? That's what I'm not happy about. First there was a $5.00 charge, which I knew about, then all of a sudden $23 was charged before anything had happened. The phone call is $24.00 so was the $23.00 something different?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I can certainly have customer care reach out to you regarding funds on your account. I have no access to them but someone will reach out to you shortly.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. Thank you. I will rate this service high after I hear from customer service. You were fine, but I 'm new to this service and a little skeptical. But, thank you for your time.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

I completely understand someone will get in contact with you hopefully soon. It was a pleasure working with you and in the event you have any follow up questions I am here to assist as I said. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me. Have a good night.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb