Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Where is the release for the Bosch washers door.?? Panel is

Customer Question

Where is the release for the Bosch washers door.?? Panel is open.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years of wonderful use. Nexxt500 series.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes am on floor niw waiting for ur direction
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Have been trying to open door for a week. Only use Tide HE in washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 9 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The door release is behind the small round door on the bottom corner of the washer. You need to push the release tab in with a pin and twist the cap clockwise to release it. Then you will see the release tab lever behind there to pull down.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But there is a "seal" that does not permit me to access the drain to see if there is an object blocking the water flow. FYI/I have removed the cap, and the door now opens (thank you). The seal reminds me of a Rubbermaid-type device that is not removed when I remove the cap. Is there a special tool to remove the "seal"?

There is no special device to remove the seal, you can use a small hook tool to get it out.