Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I just ought a new Bosch dishwasher and installed it myself.

Customer Question
However, it is not working...
I just ought a new Bosch dishwasher and installed it myself. However, it is not working properly. The lights come on, starts up and then beeping starts within about 3 minutes. It does not appear to be filling up with water.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
10/2/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one assisting you today. Did you possibly not open the water valves?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Checked twice. Water value is open
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok so have you made sure when you installed the water hoses there were no stoppers there to keep the water from coming in? Is the water inlet valve new?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There was an dishwasher that was removed. The shut off value was in place and I installed a new steel braided water line to the dishwasher. I did not check to see if the line had plugs in it. However, I did not remove a plug from the new washer. Does the new dishwasher usually have a plug at the inlet?
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Some units do when it comes to shipping and handling of them to keep things from getting on the inside.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wow, it looked like a screen to trap partials. I will check
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Ok let me know what you find

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took the line off and turn the value on and got water. I checked to see if there was a plug. It does not appear to be be a plug. There is a plastic cap with a screen. Turn it back on and still no water
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Check the water supply feed line underneath the sink. If it was turned off for any reason and mistakenly left off, the dishwasher cannot fill with water, even though the unit comes on. Look for a kink in the water supply line. If you find one, shut off the water valve, and remove the hose and kinks. Reattach the water supply hose and turn on the valve.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I turn the value on and found water coming through the supply line just before the dishwasher
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Well there is nothing else I can think of that would stop the dishwasher from letting the water come in if the water is on and there is no kinks in the lines and its hooked up correctly to the dishwasher so I will open this up to other experts to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your help. I think there. Must be a problem with the value on the new dishwasher.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

That is a possibility are you referring to the water inlet valve? I was thinking the same thing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the water inlet value on the dishwasher
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

If the unit is brand new I would take it back to the purchaser and if its used but new to you then you will need to replace the water inlet valve.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb