John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Frost crystals appeared in my bottom freezer a week ago, and

Customer Question

Frost crystals appeared in my bottom freezer a week ago, and I attributed it to humid temperatures outside. They went away after 24 hours, but now they're back and it's not that humid. This is a 2-month old refrigerator. Thanks.
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: It's a Whirlpool (owned by Maytag). If you want the model number, give me a minute. We bought this two months ago brand new.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No way. And it should be under warranty since it was purchased August 9. The model no. Is wrb322dmbm.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just what I've mentioned
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you today. Is there anything blocking the air vents in the back of the unit? Have you inspected the coils to see if there is dirt or frost build up on them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not and I'm not planning to do so because I'd have to take something apart and I don't know how. I just want an answer. So I need to call a technician? I know your response is automatic because I've already seen it on line.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

My response is not automatic at all. That is just checking the first thing that could be the problem since its a new unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant no disrespect. But I'm a senior citizen with arthritis and it's very difficult to get down on all fours and start removing panels. I'd this is something simple, I can look. And tell you what is see. Otherwise, I should just call a technician.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

I totally understand I was just trying to walk you through what is more than likely your issue since its new. Checking and cleaning off coils is not hard but can be difficult unless you can get up and down off of the floor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I'll call a technician. Can I get credit for the $24?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 year ago.

I will certainly send it in to customer care where they will reach out to you and assist you with that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I look forward to hearing from Customer Care. Thank you.