Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a clothes dryer that is a kenmore elite model #

Customer Question
110-87081601 sn:MU3513064. It trips...
I have a clothes dryer that is a kenmore elite model # 110-87081601 sn:MU3513064. It trips the 30 amp breaker in my house every 10th or so load (it actually just may be big loads that do it) The last load we put in the dryer did not trip the breaker but we did start to smell burning and stop the dryer. What should I be checking for in the machine that would cause the burning smell or the breaker tripping?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: the exact model is in what I sent ypu
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 6 days by:
10/8/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Most time what you describe is not the dryer but a weak breaker or a bad wall receptacle. Is the breaker box in the same room as the dryer so that you may smell it getting hot? Have someone pull the breaker to see if there is corrosion or damage to the contact points. After running the dryer see if you can feel the breaker getting warm. All these thing will confirm the breaker is the problem and not the dryer.

Do you have an update? Did you check the breaker box?

Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave