Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Our Samsung microwave is showing SE error. Our cleaning lady

Customer Question

HI. Our Samsung microwave is showing SE error. Our cleaning lady was here yesterday & may have pressed something.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We tried unplugging several times.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Help. About 5 years old. Thanks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Would like to yes. No repair people will come if not purchased at their store.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

That error is given when the software in the board detects a key on the keypad that has been pressed for longer than 60 seconds. Try unplugging or killing power to the unit at the breaker for 5 minutes restore power and if the error comes back you will need to replace the keypad because it has a stuck/shorted key. This is a very common issue with the samsung units. If the error returns be sure to kill power to the unit because it has allegedly caused house fires.

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.