Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I had a brief weather related power surge. My Kitchen Aide

Customer Question
Hi. I had a...
Hi. I had a brief weather related power surge. My Kitchen Aide refrigerator, KRFC400ESS00, has the following message of menu screen: 50 degrees F fresh food max temp. How do I make that go away?
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: No. Won't my food spoil?? It's not even a year old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Can you tell me if the refrigerator is still working even though that message is flashing? I have a tech coming out next week to look at my built in oven
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just if the refrigerator is working with that message flashing and how do i make it go away
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/29/2016
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago
travis webb

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one who will assist you tonight.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 1 year ago

Have you tried turning the temperature down?

John, Home Appliance Technician