Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The whirlpool cabrio washer makes a very loud noise during

Customer Question

the whirlpool cabrio washer makes a very loud noise during the spin cycle near the end of wash. Sounds like the motor/ bearings have worn out?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased 8/23/2010.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing else.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You are correct that it sounds like your bearing and seal is going out if the noise only occurs during the spin cycle. There is a video that shows you how to replace this bearing if you wanted to replace the part yourself. It's a very labor intensive project but if you're handy you can do it yourself. The cost of the parts which are listed in the beginning of the video are about $150. If you had a technician replace the parts it would be another $150-175 for trip and labor.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.