Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I HAVE A LG TROM MODEL DLE7177RM DRYER I CAN’T GET DRYER TO

Customer Question
HI MY NAME IS***** HAVE...
HI MY NAME IS***** HAVE A LG TROM MODEL DLE7177RM DRYER I CAN’T GET DRYER TO START.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: LG TROM MODEL DLE7177RM DRYER
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: NOT SURE
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
9/27/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I PURCHASED USED THEY BOTH WORKED, WASHER IS WORKING. WE HAD TO CHANGE THE POWER CORD FROM THE 4 PRONG TO 3 PRONG. TOOK THE 3 PRONG FROM MY OLD DRYER AND PUT IT ON THE LG. BELOW IS STEP BY STEP WHAT I’M DOING AND WHAT IT’S DOING. TOOK PICTURES AND A VIDEO. HAVE ATTACHED PICTURES. CAN SEND THE VIDEO IF YOU NEED. PLEASE HELP ME. JULIE
DRYER OFF
TURNED ON: ON/OFF BUTTON LIT, DIAL CONTROL LIT, ?? LIT, CLEAN FILTER AND --- AND ARROW BUTTON BLINKING
TURNED DIAL TO NORMAL LOAD, MADE CHIMMING NOISE, SET TO NORMAL, THE FILTER LIGHT GONE, THE DRY AND COOLING LIGHT NOW ON WITH 41 MIN DRY TIME AND ARROW BUTTON IS BLINKING
PUSH THE ARROW BUTTON TO START DRYER AND NOTHING. BOTH DRY TIME AND ARROW ARE BLINKING
i took pictures and a video. thank julie
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Can you upload a pic of the wiring?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
give me a little bit my phone died and is on the charge, will send in about 20 minutes

I still have not received anything

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
resent did you get
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok sent picture to you from my phone to your message text number,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hope you got them i have to step out for a bit

You have to upload them here otherwise I will not get them

John, Home Appliance Technician