Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Cabrio WTW6700TUI, SPIN CYCLE IS GETTING LOUDER EACH WEEK,

Customer Question

Cabrio WTW6700TUI
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: SPIN CYCLE IS GETTING LOUDER EACH WEEK, NO GREASE SPLATTER UNDER WASHER....ANYTHING WE CAN DO TO QUIET THE SPIN CYCLE, MACHINE IS BALANCED.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2007
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: IF POSSIBLE
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The washer still works but the spin cycle is much louder than a month ago...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You won't get grease splatters until the problem has become really sever, but if the unit is getting noisy on the spin cycle it means your main bearing and seal are going out and need to be replaced. Below is a video that shows you how to replace these parts yourself if you wanted to do it yourself---it's a lot of work so if you're not really handy it may be better to call a technician to replace the parts.

CLICK HERE for video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.