Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Help my JVM1790 microwave is buzzing every 6 seconds, has

Help my JVM1790 microwave is buzzing every 6 seconds, has been going on since last night.
I have pushed the CLear/Off button for 3 and more seconds, tried to unplug it. Gone through its buttons and tried to cancel each of them.
"insanity" will follow soon if I cannot at least shut the thing off.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This issue you're experiencing means that your display board or the touchpad is failing. First, you can try to unplug the microwave for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work then you'll want to press and hold the Clear/Off button to lock out the touchpad. If the buzzing continues, replace the display board. If the buzzing stops, then replace the touch control pad.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** reset. Seems that GE might have put that 5 minute delay in their directions. But you were very responsive and I would have to give you a 5 for quick response. Am I satisfied? $37 seems like a lot for info that should have been in the GE instruction book.

Awesome, I'm glad I could help. Unfortunately I don't have any control over the cost, I am just here to help fix your appliance. I'm sorry that GE didn't have any trouble shooting for this in their manual but I'm not GE I hope you understand. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else then just let me know.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?