Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE GFSS6KKYASS refrigerator. The lights and water

Customer Question
dispensor are working, but the...
I have a GE GFSS6KKYASS refrigerator. The lights and water dispensor are working, but the fridge and freezer are not cooling. I cleaned the coils and unplugged and plugged the unit back in, and the compressor and fans started working. It cooled and the freezer froze. One day later, its warm again. I unplugged it and it started back up. Is this a problem with the motherboard ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If unplugging the unit starts the unit back up, then either you have a bad control board or you're getting an error code. Check the display when the unit stops cooling again. If you get an 88 on the screen then determine which segment is flashing and let me know and I can tell you what error you're getting. Otherwise if you're not getting an error and the unit just shuts down, the main control board on the back of the refrigerator will need to be ordered and replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc