AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

Our GE side by side is freezing on the refrigerator side.

Customer Question

Our GE side by side is freezing on the refrigerator side. The freezer is fine. We have changed the settings, shut it off and restarted, unplugged and replugged. Nothing works.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

This is going to be the temperature control thermostat, thermistor or the control board.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pretty much knew that but my question is still what do I do about it. I live on an island in Alaska. Not a single repair guy here. Can I fix it, and if so, how?

You can test the thermostat and thermiistor with a multimeter for continuity. If they test continuity then the control board will need to be ordered and replaced. If they dont test continuity then replace which ever part is faulty.

Please remember I only get paid if you use the stars at the top of your page to rate me a 5. Please take the time to do this for helping you, Thanks