Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a ge model gtwn4250m1ws washing machine. it makes a

Customer Question

I have a ge model gtwn4250m1ws washing machine. it makes a normal noise as the spin cycle starts and ramps up to full speed. When it hits full speed the sound becomes a loud LOUD LOUD GROWL. There is no knocking or excessive vibration, just an exceptionally
loud howl has recently become evident. Can you identify the problem??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 10 months ago.

The noise is coming from the basket drive assembly. Part number is ***** , which you can see at www.repairclinic.com I've replaced many, many of these over the years and it requires a special wrench to get the hub nut loose ( which is left hand threaded ) Requires removing the entire assembly , basket, agitator, suspension rods and turning the assembly upside down and removing the motor and outer tub also. It takes me about an hour to perform this. Suggest you call for service to have this done.