AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

Our Bosch dishwasher E-Nr SM169T15GB/51 has been playing up

Customer Question

Our Bosch dishwasher E-Nr SM169T15GB/51 has been playing up recently and we have had to reset it by pulling out the machine and tilting it by 45'. However today it is not washing or drying properly although it seems to be heating normally and it is showing an error message of E09. What should I do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I think it is about 4 or 5 years old or possibly less and is a bosch Eco Silence Variodrawer
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it's fairly simple.....
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure what else I can add.....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 12 months ago.

E:09 relates to a fault in the heating circuit. This new range of bosch machines do not heat the water in the same way as the older range. There is no water pressure switch on the heater assembly as the circ pump contains the heater in one complete unit (heat-pump). The control module monitors the speed & current draw of the circ pump to ensure that there is water in the sump & it is also circulating. Your machine must be less than 2 years old, so should still be under warranty. Its not a DIY fix, it needs an engineer to sort it, as it is probably a fault with either the heat-pump or the control module. Try turning off the breaker to the dishwasher for 5 minutes to see if it resets. If not you will need a technician to fix this.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

I see this question is still open. Do you need more help?

Please remember to use the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 11 months ago.

Please remember I only get paid if you use the stars at the top of your page to rate me a 5. Please take the time to do this for helping you, Thanks