AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

What is causing my refrigator to smell? It is not food. I

Customer Question

What is causing my refrigator to smell? It is not food. I put water and baking soda in the freezer as directed in the manual but it did not correct the problem. So what is causing it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 11 months ago.

Wash the walls, floor, and ceiling of the refrigerator compartment with a mixture of warm water and hand dish washing soap. Make the mixture strong with soap. Wipe the soap out with warm water with 1 tablespoon per gallon vanilla extract in it. The vanilla extract will cover the odor until it goes away. Let the water and vanilla extract go into any crack such as around the evaporator cover in the freezer.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

I see this question is still open. Do you need more help?

Please remember to use the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.