Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

Frigidaire refrigerator model fsc23f7tds3 Beeping like the

Customer Question

Frigidaire refrigerator model fsc23f7tds3Beeping like the door is open.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one assisting you. Give me a moment to pull up some information for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

My last reply must not have come through. I asked are you receiving any error messages?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. Just beeping

ok give me just a moment

Ok so you mentioned beeping like the door is open. Does is just steady beep? Have you checked the seals around your doors to make sure they are not damaged. Has the temp lowered?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is new refrigerator , I am a technician. Have you seen this before ??

I have seen this before typically it turns out to be a door seal problem or a thermistor (temp) problem or something to do with the control panel. Since it is a brand new unit I am not sure what the issue could be. So I will open this up to other experts.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

IF the alarm is on and the status light is not then that means that unit has been trying to reach the set temps for three hours but has not been able to.

If the status light is flashing green that is the door ajar computer sees door as being open for at least 5 minutes

if its flashing amber that means the refrigerator compartment had been too war for over an hour or that a power outage was detected

press the alarm reset button to turn off alarm and press again to reset.

If none of the conditions above are true and the alarm is still beeping after the reset then the main board is faulty and you would need to have it serviced under warranty since its new.

let me know what you find, thanks, ***** ***** meantime please read below,thanks

*******************************************************************************

The only way I get credit for the time I spend helping you is if you rate the answer by clicking on the star rating system at the top of your page. Since I have given you the initial answer I ask that you go ahead and rate the answer by clicking on the 5th star to the right so I get credit and any follow up questions will be free and of course I will continue to help until your issue is solved. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When I open the door the lights turn on and then turn off after few seconds while the door still open.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't see a door switch.